We know that it can be difficult for solicitors to source appropriate insurance cover when a client’s property suddenly becomes empty.
David Upshall Insurance have been researching the market for an unoccupied property policy that suits the needs of legal professionals. The policy is aimed specifically at the following.
- Property unoccupied due to the owner passing away
- Property unoccupied due to the owner moving into care
- Property unoccupied due to the owner moving in with family members
Cover can be provided on a 3, 6, 9 or 12 month basis with a pro-rata refund for 9 & 12 month policies (no return of premium for 3 & 6 month policies)
The policy includes carefully selected covers that are relevant to unoccupied properties, with a host of commonly claimed for risks included as standard
- No excess to pay in the event of a claim
- No inspection requirement for the property
Upon completion of probate, cover may continue up to the natural renewal date of the policy subject to no change in circumstances at the property